We are looking for a Product Manager / Product Owner to join our Platform Services and Integration Platform team within our Product Management organization. PRS, Hospital Interop and Seamless care work requires us (athena) to build a set of very specific solutions on top of our base interfaces capabilities to achieve the seamless integration across athena and EMRs typically used in hospitals. The Product Owners work would be to scope and execute integrations opportunities that enable providers to perform their work seamlessly across athena and other popular EMR systems used in hospitals.
- Coordinate and contribute to the definition of assigned product area
- Drive ongoing backlog allocations and prioritization of customer jobs to solve within area of responsibility
- Define epics and user stories, clearly articulating business requirements for the problems we are aiming to solve - including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Identify and track metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility to program success and opportunities for improvement Requesting analyses to inform backlog
- Partner with Product Management leaders to be the voice of product decisions within the organization
- Represent the customer for assigned product area, demonstrating responsibility for end-to-end customer journey and touchpoints
- Cross-Functional Coordination and Stakeholder Management
- Serve as Product Owner for scrum teams covering assigned product area
- Partner with Product Management leaders to drive portfolio and product strategy
- Support feature rollouts through alpha, beta and general availability by collaborating with customer-facing teams, analyzing feature impact, and preparing communications
- Engage with Sales, AM, Product Marketing, and other internal partner teams as needed to determine best ways to communicate product to customers; and to assist Product Management leadership with service descriptions
- Contribute to the development of overall product management team by lending your knowledge and experience to teach others what you know
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Product Management
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience working with stakeholders in a business environment across cross-functional groups
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
- Demonstrated success at driving results in a fast-paced environment and managing simultaneously competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients, and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces, and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.