The Data Access & Visualization Platforms team is an integral part of how we use data at Wayfair. Our goal is to provide scalable, performant, and flexible tools through a variety of platform options to support the analytical needs of all Wayfair teams. We invest in business intelligence tools and reporting platforms, build support structures through training and documentation, and connect with thousands of users to ensure data is a part of every decision we make.
As part of the Data Platform Engineering team, we are aligned with our overall data strategies, and our tool investments are reflective of that. We believe in self-serving data and analytics, from collection, to transformations, to analysis and reporting.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to help own and drive the roadmap and adoption of our modern toolset. This an opportunity to drive strategy and influence how Wayfair models data for mass consumption throughout our vast user community.
What You'll Do
- Be a technical SME for the products in our tech stack (AtScale, Looker, Data Studio, Tableau, Connected Sheets, etc)
- Own a 6-12 month roadmap and drive alignment across multiple engineering and business teams as well as external vendors
- Partner with Data Engineering stakeholders daily to build out models and semantic layers that are compliant with the above tools, ensuring best practices are observed for scalability and performance
- Collaborate with Software Engineering partners to investigate product integrations, feature enhancement implementation, and backend horizontal scaling
- Participate and evaluate in feedback loops with direct and indirect stakeholder groups, ensuring Voice of the Customer is heard and incorporated into roadmap
- Manage Performance Objectives and Key Results for the Data Access & Visualization Platforms and align strategies with overall Data Platforms Engineering team's goals
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Data Studio, SSAS/AtScale, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc)
- Experience with SQL/cloud platforms (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, etc)
- Experience working as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Analyst, or Technical Product Manager
- A good understanding of product analytics and data transformations
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously, identifying high value opportunities for the company
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.