At athenahealth were using technology to transform the way our friends and family get medical care and how doctors treat patients. We bring cloud-based web and mobile software to the healthcare industry to build an information backbone with the power to transform health delivery.
Are you looking for an opportunity for your Product Management skills to make a real impact in the world?
Product Managers come here because of the tremendous opportunity to learn and grow with a socially responsible company focused on changing healthcare at a fundamental level.
We offer dynamic, energetic, and collaborative teams that thrive in athenas open working environment.
Current Team Opportunities:
Product Managers at athena work on a variety of technical problems across both product and platform teams.
- Our athenaClinicals team builds our industry leading, cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) software, used by more than 160,000 healthcare providers every day. athenaClinicals works on the beating heart of clinical patient workflows, building the interface to make interactions between these providers and the EHR as seamless as possible and elevating what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it.
- Our athenaCollector team shepherds the financial health of our clients, working to ensure that in our increasingly complex healthcare landscape our providers are reimbursed appropriately. They build key components and workflows used to ensure providers get paid, such as medical claim submission, revenue reporting, medical coding, patient account management, denials prevention and patient access.
- Our Patient Experience team builds a convenient digital experience, with provider engagement tools to connect with patients via patient portals, a variety of messaging channels, and more
- Our athena.intelligence team is made up of data scientists and data engineers who deliver insights that leverage data from across the athenahealth network to solve the most challenging, impactful problems. Data science is a key part of our strategy.
- Our Platform Services teams are responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining all the core foundational components of our technology stack that are required by other development teams to successfully build products. This team builds shared services and enables the safe storage and movement of millions of patients health data.
- The Product Manager is responsible for identifying and articulating the direction and vision of the product within the overarching Products portfolio. This includes understanding the market and customer, contributing to a product vision, developing business cases, ensuring a product or set of product features meets business requirements and collaborate with other teams to tell the story of the product strategy.
- We're more interested in folks with raw talent and a burning desire to succeed. The most important requirement for applying is a passion to learn and to make a difference developing enabling technologies.
- Drive ongoing backlog allocations and prioritization of customer jobs to solve within area of responsibility
- Define epics and user stories, clearly articulating business requirements for the problems were trying to solve - including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Understand the market opportunity via user needs, market forces and applicable business models; with regards to what would best serve our clients today as well as in the future
- Identify and track metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility to program success and opportunities for improvement Requesting analyses to inform backlog
- Partner with Product Management leaders to be the voice of product decisions within the organization
- Represent the customer for assigned product area, demonstrating responsibility for end-to-end customer journey and touchpoints
- 2+ years of Product Management experience, ideally in an Agile environment
- 3+ years working with stakeholders in a business environment, working across cross-functional groups
- Technical understanding (mobile, SaaS, data) ability to gut check technical feasibility and timelines and remove technical development barriers
- Experience bringing products to market
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
- Demonstrated success at driving innovation in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.