The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
The Product Marketing Director for Cloud is an integral role which will let you work at the forefront of EDBs new and exciting cloud product, BigAnimal. You will develop a deep understanding of our product differentiation, market segment, and customer needs. With strategic and customer-focus, combined with technical savvy you will be responsible for product launches, differentiated messaging and positioning, developing go-to-market strategies, and supporting sales enablement for our cloud business. This includes defining market messaging, driving go-to-market efforts and growing market adoption in the burgeoning cloud segment. Working in partnership with sales, product management, and across the marketing organization, you will identify new opportunities to grow our business, support product packaging and pricing initiatives, and drive content development to support prospects along the customer journey and business growth efforts.
- Create and monitor the success of executable Strategic Business Plans and Market Opportunity Analysis for your product and market segments
- Identify customer needs, market trends and competitive landscape that impact commercial outcomes
- Plan, manage, and execute product launches in an Agile environment in lockstep with our product and Cloud teams
- Own the product marketing function in our newly formed, Cloud focused marketing team
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our target market via research into our customer base, competitors, analyst reports, and other sources of information in order to inform EDB go-to-market strategy for Cloud
- Develop outstanding and differentiated product messaging and go-to-market strategies
- Support the marketing team in their efforts to build and execute on demand generation programs that speak to our Cloud products buyer personas
- 8+ years experience supporting b2b SaaS technology in marketing, product management, and/or pre-sales
- Analytical and creative mindset that leads to actionable insights for an effective go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated capabilities in full-lifecycle product marketing from product definition through in-market product growth including launching, naming, positioning and pricing products
- Amazing storytelling abilities, and able to create and deliver compelling content customized for a variety of internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work across all levels of the organization (product, sales, and marketing)
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience building and executing go-to-market strategy for SaaS technologies
- Knowledge of database technologies, infrastructure software, and open-source software
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request