Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience! Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling payers and providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a company that wants to transform U.S. healthcare as a category leader. With the recent acquisition of OODA Health, Cedar now provides solutions to both the payer and provider market segments. You can become part of a growing team that is helping to fuel significant growth in addressing critical challenges in healthcare that touch both payer and provider and will ultimately benefit patients.
The Product Marketing Manager, Payer, will serve as the leader on both product and market aspects of our solutions for payers. This role will be subject matter expert on buyer behaviors and roles, and provide critical inputs to forming and articulating our unique value proposition. An outside-in approach will enable the Product Marketing Manager, Payer to understand the goals and motivations of payer executives and how Cedar solutions address those challenges and create opportunities for customer success. The role will create and deliver differentiated messaging for assets and materials designed to accelerate the buying cycle for prospects, and enhance customer satisfaction for current customers. At the same time the successful individual will work closely with product teams to materially influence product roadmaps and investments, based on Voice of the Market insights and applied to Go to Market programs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the dynamics impacting payers with regards to patient financial engagement, patient/member satisfaction and the overall member experience with their payer.
- Research and document insights based on primary and secondary interactions with payers, providers and patients. Bring those insights in the form of Voice of the Market into Cedar, influencing product planning upstream and messaging and positioning downstream.
- Be the specialist on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria, focused on all stages of the buyers journey. Understand and document our buyers process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then lead changes to our sales and marketing messaging and programs based on what you learn.
- Create buyer personas that define critical characteristics, goals and success criteria for decision maker and influencer roles in the buying process.
- Understand the competitive landscapebe an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Develop differentiated positioning that sets Cedar apart and clearly articulates our unique value proposition.
- Collaborate with product teams, including product management to develop products that address the needs of buyer personas, key segments and establish Cedar as the leader in our category. Partner with product teams for optimization of the product roadmap.
- Develop a marketing plan for the payer products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our payer products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and coordinate the cross-functional collaboration necessary for effective product and release introductions.
- Act as the primary leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; develop internal tools and external collateral and share your expertise with them how and when to use it.
- Serve as subject matter expert for internal content and demand generation teams - provide positioning, messaging and segmentation to maximize effectiveness of marketing programs and channels.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years in a product marketing/product management role with a SaaS platform product suite
- Prior healthcare experience required - payer experience preferred
- Understanding/experience partnering with product management, development and/or services teams to influence product roadmaps and drive the commercialization of solutions
- Results oriented collaborator with sales and commercial teams
- Outstanding writing skills, and able to adopt the company's brand "voice" in all developed content
- Experience collecting, analyzing and presenting insights derived from research activities from primary and secondary sources
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to build relationships with staff, colleagues, clients, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Excellent skills in transforming internal and external research and organizing insights into messaging, content and enablement tools that can be utilized across channels
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate differentiated positioning and messaging in the form of storytelling and proof points
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Openness across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.