At Wayfair, we give our customers the power to create spaces that are just right for them. We do this through unparalleled selection, but also through an immersive experience, enabled with content that inspires, educates, guides and entertains. Content at Wayfair encompasses everything from product-level education to surround-sound marketing campaigns to entertainment-forward original programming, agnostic of distribution channel/outlet. Our full-funnel approach to content meets customers where they are in their purchase journey, delivering the information they need or want (and perhaps didnt realize they wanted), when they need or want it. We are not just educating, but inspiring, entertaining and helping. To do this, and in addition to creating compelling content across channels and customer touchpoints, we must build the foundational processes, systems, and tools to enable automated content distribution, tracking and measurement at scale, with a goal of enhancing the customer experience and driving customer loyalty and share of wallet.
We are seeking a talented, product-and-platform-obsessed Associate Director of Content Infrastructure to lead development of a comprehensive, automated content management and tracking infrastructure; enabling rapid, smart and nuanced content development, delivery, and measurement across all channels and platforms. This role is critical to our strategy of building an industry leading content platform and capability. The Associate Director will collaborate closely with marketing, brand and creative leadership as the primary business stakeholders, and act as a PM of PMs interfacing with and influencing an array of product teams and roadmaps across the full stack of our merchandising, 3D imagery, brand, marketing, creative, search, recommendations, and data solutions product teams, among others.
Bring your passion for content management platform solutions, and your proven experience leading in a cross-functional, technology or product-related context. You will craft the vision, develop the structure and drive to results, all in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment where you will be navigating and negotiating competing agendas. While this role will have limited direct reports (in the near term), you will be expected to assemble a PMO of cross-functional leadership and working teams, driving results and accountability as the leader of this high priority, high visibility strategic initiative.
- Work with senior stakeholders to define and maintain the short- and long-term strategy and key results, with responsibility for maintaining the programs strategy documentation.
- Partner with product leaders to develop a comprehensive two-year roadmap spanning all product streams and providing a rolling horizon so the nearest deliverables have the highest level of enumeration and specific deadlines.
- Collaborate with Marketing/Merchandising leaders to convert the strategy into a tactical plan that aggressively takes advantage of product innovation to deliver desired business outcomes.
- Provide daily oversight to all business and product workstreams to ensure maximum alignment. Chair regular meetings with key doers.
- Create and maintain tracking docs and systems that would allow all participants to quickly ascertain program status and issues.
- Identify the programs critical path through business and product groups, and preemptively identify and resolve issues that could impede progress. Manage issue escalation to senior management.
- Coordinate communications with stakeholders, key executives, and the wider company to evangelize the program, provide regular status reporting against objectives, and update and collate materials for regular core stakeholder meetings.
- Oversee acceptance and testing process of deliverables to ensure all business and product groups are coordinated.
- Review program resource planning, and work with business and product leaders to identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Serve as part of a team performing build/buy on any relevant third-party solutions incorporated into program technology.
- Build out PMO team with additional project managers to focus on specific initiatives.
- Several years experience in managing complex technology-driven marketing or content related initiatives from either the business or product perspective.
- Experience driving transformation in a technology platform context is a plus
- Solid program/project management skills irrespective of domain.
- Strong combination of business and product sense. A marketer with product chops or a product leader who deeply understands the end-to-end business.
- Ability to drive and shape the big picture while having an eye for the details.
- Proven ability to generate trust and build relationships, particularly at the executive level.
- Technical fluency sufficient to dive into the weeds with product managers.
- Strong sense of vision and evangelical mission with a maniacal focus on executing at speed.
- Solid verbal and written comms abilities.
- Domain knowledge in marketing, creative production, and/or personalization, as well as basic understanding of different ad channels, their inner workings, and limitations.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.