The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Note for applicants: This is a six month contract position at approximately 40 hours/week. The possibility for renewal or conversion to full-time can be discussed. Please note we're hiring for this role remotely in the US.
As a leader in the open source database market, EDB is at the forefront of business modernization for some of the largest, most successful organizations around the world. And with 45 consecutive quarters of annual recurring revenue growth, we are moving fast. Come join our smart, dynamic, madly talented team as we drive EDB into our most exciting phase of opportunity and growth.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing product-related projects across departments at EDB. Primary support will go to our Development and Product Management teams. A successful Project Manager will seamlessly drive tasks forward by effectively coordinating schedules and managing dependencies.
This is a great opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment and deliver global projects.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage the development and/or implementation of EDB products or services.
- Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manage projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participate in project review and status meetings, and communicate project status.
- Utilize six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivate project team to ensure optimal performance.
- Potentially assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience in project/program management or engineering OR 7+ years of experience in project/program management or engineering
- Experience with at least one of the following: Relational Databases, Cloud Solutions, or Software Development
- Excellent stakeholder management with internal teams
- Effective communication skills, verbally and written
- Unparalleled detail-orientation and follow-through
- PMI or PMP Certification highly preferred
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.