Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their homes equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Who You Are
As Hometaps QA Engineer, you will help deliver a world-class homeowner and investor experience.
You are someone who is passionate about quality, scrupulous, attentive to implementation details, mission driven, and motivated to deliver results. This is a small but growing technology team and this is an exciting opportunity with room to grow. Youll have substantial influence over how and what we do with our software quality strategy as we scale to service homeowners across the country.
You are looking forward to partnering with your engineering counterparts, as well as the product team to iterate on the software we create. Our growing engineering team will look to you for your expertise and guidance in testing
What Youll Do:
- Work on homegrown tools essential to operations across the entire organization
- Help ship software used to process hundreds of millions of dollars
- Modernize a huge and lucrative industry which has been slow to update
- QA and regression-test software used to meet our mission of making homeownership less stressful and more accessible by giving homeowners access to liquidity currently locked in their homes
- Contribute to our regression testing suite, constantly extend it and assist teams efforts in growing test coverage
- Partner with the product team to have an in-depth knowledge of our software and acceptance-test the new features in addition to covering them with automation
- Ensure we prioritize the treatment of sensitive information.
- Be a key stakeholder in release readiness validation; be empowered to prevent immature software from prematurely being released
What You Bring:
- 1+ years experience in a technical position
- Technical expertise and a knack for problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with SDLC concepts and collaborating in a cross-functional environment with engineers, product managers, UX, and business stakeholders
- An understanding and appreciation of what quality means for software products and a passionate drive to promote quality standards
- Proficiency with requirements handling
- Outstanding exploratory testing skills. The quality bar on our team is already very high, and you will raise it even higher!
- Experience with web application testing
- Experience with QA automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with Python: we are a Python shop on the back-end. Key technologies in our stack are Django, Flask, React, Postgres, AWS
- Experience with implementing continuous testing in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile teams
- Experience with security testing
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.