We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
Due to tremendous growth, SimpliSafe is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Device Connectivity team. As a Software Engineer you will test, design, implement and maintain the services which support our Device Platform.
- 2-3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- A strong desire to learn and explore new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement web applications and/or services
- Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- A team player, but also comfortable working independently
- Working familiarity with at least one mainstream language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
- Thorough understanding of REST and web technology.
- Practitioner of lean or agile software development principles and practices, understanding and advocating the importance of test automation, continuous delivery, continuous improvement, and value delivery.
- Experience using C++, Python, and/or Go
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS preferred) and designing solutions that leverage its unique advantages.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!