Quil, a digital health company, delivers actionable and personalized health itineraries for patients and caregivers, answering the question “What Happens Next?” in their healthcare journeys. We combine the powers of precision data, state-of-the-art technology, and security with unparalleled consumer reach to help individuals navigate today’s chaotic healthcare landscape. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Quil serves individuals, healthcare providers and payors nationally. Quil is a joint venture of Independence Health Group (Independence) and Comcast.
Quil is a high energy start up that fosters an innovative culture with a focus on individual growth and team collaboration. Our vision is to build the solution that helps patients, and their caregivers make timely and more informed decisions, guiding them to the healthiest version of themselves.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced React (Native) Engineer with experience on Agile projects to join a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. Our team is busy building new products that include Smart Home / Home-care sensor technologies, Personal health and Caregiving features.
As a Senior Engineer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries – especially those listed below. This position has an emphasis on expertise using React Native / React for mobile app development targeting tablets and phones – you will be a technical lead, and UI/UX specialist in delivering beautiful and functional app experiences.
You are a team player who takes pride in your craft and plays an active role in improving your team and your product. As part of our team, you will work closely with Product to define, design, implement, deliver and own new features once in Production. This team will be one of many who work together on the overall product – great communication and thoughtful design is essential.
This position is open to both local and remote candidates who are comfortable working in the US-Eastern time zone.
You have the skills to be successful in this role if you have:
- 4+ years of Agile software development and engineering, with at least 2 years using React (and ideally React Native) specifically and more than 3 years using React or similar supporting frameworks (Angular, Redux, Flux etc)
- Experience building and delivering mobile applications
- Experience using cloud technologies on either AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) including serverless (Lambda, Cloud Functions), NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, FireStore), Kinesis/SQS/EventBridge/PubSub to build large scale performant solutions using Event-Driven or Message-Driven architectures
- A solid understanding of API and system design tradeoffs for application development efficiency, application performance, and cost
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable, responsive and scalable software. Understanding and supporting ITOps/DevOps best practices.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with attention to detail – be proud of your craft!