WorkStep is looking for an analyst to join its quickly growing team on the ground floor. The analyst will report to the CTO and will be responsible for building and maintaining critical reports and analyses, as well as hunting for transformative insights among our vast data repositories. The analyst will also be the primary owner of our job advertisement bidding engine and its performance.
We're looking for someone familiar with a wide range of analytic methods such as mathematical programming, data modeling, and statistical tests. This person should also be comfortable extracting, manipulating, and collating large datasets from different sources with varying degrees of consistency or completeness.
The ideal candidate also has a strong business acumen and is interested and familiar with what makes a good business. This person knows an opportunity when they see one and can communicate a case to the leadership team of the risks and benefits clearly and cleanly.
- Deliver clear analysis summaries for research briefs to support business and product development decisions
- Maintain the WorkStep bidding engine and identify ways to improve its performance
- Build and maintain critical business reports
- Identify potential business opportunities or efficiencies through self-guided experiments and data-dives
- Collaborate on cross-functional initiatives where insights offer significant leverage
- 2+ years professional experience in business development and analysis
- A degree in applied mathematics, business analytics, statistics, economics, computer sciences, or engineering
- An expert command of SQL
- Strong communication skills
- Programming or scripting experience, ideally in Python
- Experience with R, Matlab, or other mathematical programming
- Familiarity with visualization tools
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Marketing Analytics
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Work space stipend
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission