Technical Program Manager - Config & Integration Operations
6 River Systems is a Shopify company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power faster fulfillment with collaborative mobile robots and cloud-based software.
As a Technical Program Manager at 6RS, you will work with talented, energetic and multidisciplinary teams to drive the configuration management across our global fulfillment network, validate the integration between 6 River Systems and customers warehouse management system, and develop an ecosystem of tools for automating software releases and validation to a fleet of intelligent Linux-based mobile robots. You will serve as interpreter of many languages: translating technical details to go-to-market team members and expressing the customers needs to your technical team.
This is an opportunity to:
- Work cross-functionally with the engineering and customer success teams on a variety of projects related to SW release, system validation and deployment
- Drive team consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high quality results.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Manage the delivery of sophisticated tools that will make a meaningful impact on the development and scale of the 6 River fulfillment automation system
Were looking for a team member with:
- Ability to effectively manage and inspire the activities of others
- Strong desire and intrinsic motivation to organize and create better processes
- BS/MS in engineering, operations, or a closely related discipline or 2-5 years of relevant technical experience
- Exceptional written and presentation skills required to communicate to customers and team-mates
In your time here you will take a lead role in bringing teams together to build and manage these solutions that help empower our customers and team. The ideal candidate possesses a blend of technical and continuous process improvement skills and is looking for a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.