CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role
As Design Director of Apparel and Accessories, you will shape graphic-design direction and oversee color strategy for our B2B apparel and accessory offerings. In this role, you will leverage your art-production, apparel-design, trend and innovation expertise to develop and drive digital-design tools and resources across placed-graphic, all-over-print and embroidery applications.
Incorporating market research, consumer insights, predictive-design analytics, and expert trend forecasting, you will lead a team of talented designers in the production of desirable, market-right surface-design products and services for various end-product uses and B2B clients. This cross-functional design-lead role is an integral part of a larger company initiative to develop an industry-elevating content library to complement CreateMes fashion-technology services and softwares.
- Develop and drive graphic-design direction and color-design strategy in collaboration with Concept & Trend Director, ensuring high-quality, trend-led products and services
- Manage and build-out in-house graphic-design and color-design teams, and external designer (freelancer) network
- Implement process for proper briefing, development, oversight, reviews and decision-making in conjunction with Creative Operations leads
- Collaborate with GM of Customization and VP of Creative Operations, serving as graphics innovation lead, on business and content strategies across Customization, Licensing, Sourcing and other SAAS business initiatives
- Manage and own graphic design and color design strategy and direction (both a player and a coach)
- 10-12 years of experience in apparel and/or graphic design
- Ability to independently lead graphic-design direction and make executive decisions about the quality and commercial viability of artwork
- Experience defining and driving key concepts through to color strategy, design development (art production) and end product (apparel and accessories)
- You strike a balance between being a strategic design leader while also being able to get in the weeds and execute hands-on
- Expert collaborator and leader; you thrive in cross-functional/matrixed environments and can represent a clear, adoptable design philosophy to the larger team
- Analytical and creative thinker; you have experience turning cultural trends, consumer insights and key brand concepts into actionable design-led strategies
- Design innovation experience (e.g., co-creation digital-design capabilities, functional-performance material science, data analytics demand-sensing)
- Deep licensing expertise; customization experience a plus
- Branding and brand-identity experience
- Excellent project management skills; you are able to organize and coordinate multiple designers and vendors to deliver projects on time with high quality
- Undergraduate degree in Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or related field
Working at CreateMe
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.