Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Product, Design and Engineering teams at Better are responsible for the end to end experience of getting a loan at Better.com, as well as all of the things behind the scenes that automate and structure the mortgage process. Its a team that moves very quickly we ship improvements to Better.com about 50 times daily, and we use tons of data to improve the experience and drive decisions.
The Engineering Operations Analyst will report to the Sr. Product Operations Manager, and work with Engineering teams along with their stakeholders to provide data to leadership on how the Engineering Team is running. This crucial data will allow Engineering leadership to plan roadmaps effectively for each quarter. This individual will help connect the dots and make recommendations in order to allow our Engineering team to run as efficiently as possible.
Responsibilities will include:
- Becoming an expert in the use and configuration of tools which facilitate the Engineering process
- Extract and analyze data from our dev workflow systems (Jira Software, Service Management)
- Identify gaps and assist with configuration of monitoring/logging systems
- Configure Incident Management workflows/runbooks
- Configure incident management workflow tooling
- Building consistent communication and documentation processes across Engineering to ensure successful communication within the Engineering team, the necessary executives, and other cross functional stakeholders
- Using a consistent reporting dashboard, ensure all teams are tracking their KPIs metrics and goals quantitatively
- Restructuring and grooming the PDE Knowledge Base (Confluence)
- Creating programs and processes to help our Engineering teams have effective and efficient sprints and agile ceremonies
- 3-6 years of experience within an Engineering organization
- You have strong fundamentals in Agile methodology, knowledge management, Monitoring/Alerting/Logging best practices
- You can navigate a git repo, follow a stack trace, and read a SQL query
- You are well versed in CS fundamentals
- You are an Excel wizard, and building complex formulas come easily to you
- You can communicate deftly with Engineers and are able to understand their needs and contribute to deeply technical discussions
- You take the time to Read the Manual and truly understand your tools
- You are able to take narrative form strategy and fit it into a solid data model
- Working knowledge of how Product, Engineering and Design teams work together to build effective products
- The ability to operate in fast-paced, hyper-growth environments
- Solving difficult and technical problems is exciting to you
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative with little to no direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A strong interest in, and desire to, learn about technology, and a proven track record of taking the steps to do so
- Careful and accurate with details
- You communicate fluently and professionally through slide decks, emails and documents
- Bonus: You are a Scrum Master or an Agile Coach
- Bonus: You have experience as an Engineer
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.