Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We are looking for a Government Affairs Manager to double our network of Soofa Signs across the United States in 2020. You will manage complex, multi-stakeholder deals with municipalities from the first outreach through to full-scale installation and work at the cutting edge of policy and local government sales to help urban communities flourish. You will also be responsible for forming private-public partnerships and securing sponsors to fund new Sign installations.
Remote applicants (U.S. based-only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Lead the conversation and influence municipalities and city stakeholders to grow our network of Soofa Signs
- Own Soofa Sign placement from the pipeline stage through relationship building, negotiation, deal and terms, installation, retention, and expansion
- Attend neighborhood, city council, and community development meetings across the U.S.
- Secure private corporate partners to sponsor new Soofa Sign installations
- Identify strategic opportunities for expansion in Soofa’s existing markets while rapidly iterating on profitable new verticals (Colleges? Hospital campuses? Who knows!) in the Northeast, Southeast, and U.S.-wide
- Track and plan for contract renewals, reporting, and other account management needs to ensure client goals are exceeded
- Constantly communicate project status and use Hubspot CRM to manage pipeline
- 4+ years’ experience working with government stakeholders
- Strong network of existing connections in more than one municipality
- Experience working on corporate sponsorships
- Demonstrated track record of growth
- Proven ability to develop complex partner and territory plans and strategies
- Comfortable with remote technology; you won’t let a deal fall through because Zoom is frozen ;)
- Experience using a CRM
- Contract negotiation experience
- Deep network of existing connections at the city level, especially in Florida, D.C., and Philadelphia
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; you love public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building lasting relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset: willingness to roll up your sleeves and collaborate within a startup environment
Bonus Points For
- Experience in the IoT/smart cities space
- Track record of having closed large sponsorship deals ($100K+)
- Experience working with corporate real estate developers
- Past experience in urban design, architecture, and/or landscape architecture
- Proficiency in Hubspot
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Stay connected with virtual team events at least 2x/week
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.