Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
In this fast paced, dynamic 10-week corporate internship program, we are recruiting candidates completing their first year of graduate school looking for experience in strategic work across strategic partnerships, technology, marketing, project management, business and quantitative roles. Candidates will be challenged across all functions within Amwell. Throughout the ten weeks, candidates are critically assessed for potential full time placement upon completing their two year graduate degree.
We can promise a 10-week intensive program aimed at providing graduate students with an experience that will enrich their understanding of the challenges and complexities of healthcare technology and service delivery. Students will have access to senior management along with executive visibility and direct supervisory support to offer guidance and feedback. Specific projects will be tailored and designed to match the candidates skills and career goals, as well as the department needs.
- Software development with high quality, modular, well-documented, reusable code
- Design new system features and enhancements to improve product usability and productivity.
- Ensure all system development is within design and architecture guidelines.
- Developing automated tests
- Participate of code reviews and design sessions of new features
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Exposure to Angular or Angular JS or equivalent MVC framework
- Strong desire and willingness to learn old/new skills and technologies as required
- Able to be part of a dynamic team and work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate complex ideas and concepts
Working at Amwell:
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA.