Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Lead Performance Engineer, Performance will play a critical role in the R & D Engineering department by ensuring and supporting efforts to improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of Amwell solutions. This position is based in our headquarters in Boston.
- Design and implement architecture and code-level optimizations to help the application scale.
- Contribute and propose new architectures and implementations that scale to address known performance issues or hot spots.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose application performance issues found in both non-Production and Production environments
- Collaborate with Performance QA Engineers on performance testing strategies.
- Promote performance standards and best practices and provide guidance to other software engineers.
- Research and implement new performance diagnostic and analysis tools and techniques.
- Bring significant efficiencies to the Performance team through improved diagnostic methodologies and automation.
- Collaborate with other engineers and managers, communicating progress and challenges and soliciting input from QA, Development and Architecture teams
- Support Hosting, QA, and Dev Support teams as needed during critical situations resulting in outages or performance degradations of critical production transactions.
- 5-8 years of enterprise experience developing highly distributed complex data-driven web applications using Java\Spring\Hibernate.
- Experience with microservice testing
- Experience with JMeter, Gatling/Scala and other performance testing tools and techniques
- Experience with Atlassian software stack (Confluence, Jira, Bamboo), ELK stack
- Expert knowledge of diagnostic tools (ELK, AppDynamics, Oracle Enterprise Manager, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of OS performance monitoring tools
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (Oracle and Postgres)
- Linux OS experience
- Experience with Redis and\or Mongo a plus
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, F5 BIG-IP load balancer, etc.)
- Knowledge of Web and Application servers (Tomcat, nginx)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (i.e. Bash, Python) in a Unix environment
- Experience CI/CD process and pipelines, Docker containers, Gitlab
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and EKS
- Experience with Swagger, Swagger Hub and Swagger CodeGen
- Experience working within Agile process environment.
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly energetic, responsible, organized, self-disciplined, self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state-of-the-art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether youre an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting