The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for a great DevOps Engineer who possesses a strong understanding of how to best provision, maintain and expand a globally connected, distributed WAN, LAN and Server infrastructure through a combination of IaC, IaaS, cloud based and self hosted technologies and services. Ideal candidates will take pride in their ability to provide a first class, high quality infrastructure in support of EDB.
- Provide in depth technical support for a global, multisite distributed environment
- Provide integration and support for both Hosted and Cloud based systems and architecture
- Implement, maintain and monitor infrastructure IaC configuration and CI/CD systems
- Implement, maintain and monitor network security and infrastructure within EDB.
- Provide support for tickets escalated through the helpdesk application
- Experience with installing, maintaining and upgrading Linux servers (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Experience implementing and supporting Terraform, Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with IT automation and configurations systems ( Puppet / Chef / Ansible)
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and open-source CI/CD systems
- Scripting Experience (e.g. Python, Bash etc)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a distributed operations support role.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS / Azure / Google)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMware / OpenInfrastructure
- Experience with installation, upgrades and maintenance of PostgreSQL database systems
- Experience configuring maintaining and monitoring of alerting systems such as Nagios, Icinga, Splunk, Prometheus
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.