Whats it like to work at iZotope?
Were the leaders in intelligent audio production and youll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, its really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
iZotope is seeking a dynamic professional with both Payroll and Human Resources experience to join our People Operations team. As part of an agile People Ops team, you will share in the mindset and techniques that allow us to be adaptable to change while still ensuring an exceptional employee experience. The People Ops & Payroll Specialist ensures clear, consistent communication and collaboration between People Operations, Finance, and all other departments at iZotope while providing a responsive, high-touch approach for employee questions or inquiries.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to grow and develop their competencies beyond the scope of traditional payroll processing through a variety of opportunities to collaborate with other teams and leverage employee data and technologies in the co-creation of solutions that deliver continuous value to the organization.
In addition to payroll, you will regularly work on key People Ops initiatives - particularly those that focus on streamlining information workflows, leveraging modern HR technology, maintaining compliance, optimizing the employee experience, ensuring internal equity, and promoting employee understanding of compensation and benefit offerings for our employees around the globe.
- Update, maintain, and administer all global payroll related information and documentation
- Review and administer changes to salary, 401(k), benefits, withholdings, bank accounts
- Manage associate relocations by maintaining and updating tax information in different locations
- Perform consistent reconciliations of payroll, 401(k), and benefits data
- Create and promote employee benefit education program and materials to ensure employees have access to updated information and clear understanding of pay and related benefit policies
- Ensure accurate mapping of benefits in HRIS Enrollment Wizard setup, perform benefits data reconciliation, and promote understanding of benefit offerings to employees during annual Open Enrollment period
- Manage full-functionality of both our Payroll System and HRIS to ensure data integrity and accuracy of employee information between systems
- Maintain clear, consistent communication between People Operations and Finance teams in accordance with goals and initiatives
- Resolve any and all data discrepancies and payroll related questions
- Calculate and process final pay and benefits to assist in the creation of separation agreements during the employee offboarding process.
- Utilize compensation data to make recommendations and ensure internal/external equity for market adjustments and promotions in accordance with our compensation philosophy
- Prepare and submit reports for internal and external reporting, including; audit requests, non-disclosure testing, federal and state level filings, ACA etc.
- Document and maintain Payroll/People Ops policies and procedures
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Support Finance team efforts to add/update/maintain systems with payroll implications to ensure accurate reporting
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by reviewing and applying new and existing legislation and advising management on needed actions (including COVID-19 related legislative changes)
- Continue to develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, etc.
- Complete ad-hoc requests and calculations in support of Finance and People Operations functions
- Other duties as assigned, that commensurate with the level and scope of the position
- 3+ years of Payroll related experience
- Experience with modern payroll systems (such as Namely, Gusto, Rippling, PayChex, etc.)
- Experience working with third parties for international payroll processing
- Strong grasp of U.S. State, and Federal payroll taxes and related financial filings
- Strong understanding of HR compliance and employee benefits (FSA, HSA, 401(K) etc.)
- Experience with managing reporting, internal audits, and employee benefits within an HRIS/Payroll system
- Attention to detail and ability to manage workload to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an Agile People Operations team
- Strong work-ethic and positive attitude
- Comprehensive medical plans in which iZotope pays the majority of the out of pocket costs
- Flexible PTO Policy and 19 paid holidays in 2021
- 100% paid family leave
- 401k with company match of 6% with both pre-tax and post-tax contribution options
- Additional perks and benefits
At iZotope, were obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.