Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We look for people who will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members. We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and well expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
Our team has built an amazing modern data platform and we would like to add many advancements such as real time streaming, many tools around data governance. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for enhancing our data infrastructure to take it to the next level, in collaboration with the team members. You will also be an active contributor in the ongoing maintenance of the existing pipelines. Stash is a data-driven organization and data infrastructure is a critical part of our overall infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to make an impact in the companies OKRs by coordinating with data science, marketing teams and backend teams by aligning with their data needs. We work with the latest technologies in the big data space and are seeking folks who would like to do the same.
Tech stack (evolving):
Spark, Scala, Python, Kafka, AWS EMR, Hive, Redshift, Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, Looker, DynamoDB, CircleCI, Terraform.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the design/architecture new initiatives such as real time streaming pipelines, tooling around data governance, build job orchestration abstractions to manage resources on AWS
- Collaborate with the team to build tools for data science/marketing teams
- Design integration pipelines for new data sources and improve existing pipelines to perform efficiently at scale
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and deployment to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Optimize data access and consumption for our business and product colleagues
Who you are:
- 4+ years of professional experience working in data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments, especially using spark, hadoop, hive etc with solid understanding of streaming pipelines.
- At least 1+ years of experience in streaming pipeline development
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language Scala
- Good understanding of databases
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- You have built large-scale data products and understand the tradeoffs made when building these features
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You have an excellent knowledge of distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop MapReduce, Spark.
- You have a strong knowledge of following AWS infrastructure - EMR, S3, Redshift
- You have strong understanding of data quality, governance
- You are a team player, self-driven, highly motivated individual who loves to learn new things
- Experience in Machine Learning infrastructure
- Experience in Search Engines
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**