Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We are seeking a Senior Data Platform Engineer, who will have an excellent opportunity to contribute to these new initiatives especially around streaming, data governance, security. You will also be an active contributor in the ongoing maintenance of the existing platform.
Our Data Engineering team has built an amazing modern data platform. The entire company uses data collected by the platform for machine learning, analytics, marketing.
We look for people who will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members. We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and well expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
We are currently in the process of building our new streaming data platform to create a personalized in-app experience for our customers, data governance tools to search data and track data transformations, configurable data service powered by GraphQL, ML powered resource orchestration layer.
Stash is a data-driven organization and data infrastructure is critical; you will make an impact in the companies OKRs by coordinating with Data Science, Marketing and Backend teams by aligning with their data needs.
We work with the latest Big Data technologies; if youre a strategic thinker and creative problem solver with a bias for execution, youll contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go!
Tech stack (evolving):
Spark, Scala, Python, Kafka, AWS EMR, Hive, Redshift, Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, Looker, DynamoDB, CircleCI, Terraform, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Fargate, DataDog, Debezium
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the design/architecture/code some of these new initiatives including, but not limited to pluggable real time streaming platform, tooling around data governance, and build enhanced security around important datasets etc.
- Collaborate with the team to build tools for data science/marketing/backend teams
- Design integration pipelines for new data sources and improve existing pipelines to perform efficiently at scale
- Provide technical mentorship to the team
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and deployment to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Optimize data access and consumption for our business and product colleagues
Who you are:
- 5+ years of building large-scale data products with distributed computing frameworks with a solid understanding of streaming pipelines [Hadoop MapReduce, Spark]
- At least 1 year of experience in streaming pipeline development
- Proficiency in one the prominent languages such as Java/Python/Scala (scala preferred)
- Good understanding of SQL
- Experience building large-scale data products and understand the tradeoffs made when building these features
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with AWS infrastructure - EMR, S3, Redshift
- Strong understanding of data quality and governance
- Experience in Machine Learning infrastructure
- Experience in Search Engines/Graph Databases
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**