At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's the early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled Site Reliability Engineer focused on designing, building, and operating our hybrid cloud/on-prem environment.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Advancing the state of our art and operations by practicing the SRE way focusing on users, monitoring and automation.
- Building our fundamental patterns for cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services - building in security, reliability and scalability.
- Designing, building, and operating our data center for our rapidly growing Machine Learning team
- Integrating our data center with our existing cloud infrastructure to create a seamless hybrid cloud environment
- Improving the reliability and resilience of our infrastructure through root-cause analysis and reviewing gaps in designs and implementations of our infrastructure
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Automation: You work hard to eliminate toil by automating everything through scripting, configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible), code, and proper tooling.
- Operations experience: Youve managed critical production infrastructure and are familiar with incident response, scaling, and rapid growth related challenges.
- You have strong software engineering skills that can be applied to both operational tools as well as application design.
- Youve written tooling for SRE/Operations teams to use in their day-to-day work.
- Some experience and opinions on virtualization, containerization, or container orchestration platforms.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.