Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a machine learning senior software engineer to bring data science capabilities into the Toast platform. You will work with engineers and product managers to turn statistical models into business impact across product lines, including lending, order recommendations, and fraud. We need your help to create the infrastructure that enables data scientists to build, release, and monitor models at scale.
About this Roll*:
- Develop APIs and libraries to deliver machine learning artifacts into production environments
- Build infrastructure for full model lifecycle development (training, versioning, monitoring, etc)
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to optimize model performance for latency, availability and accuracy
- Help shape the architectural vision to unlock data science across the entire Toast platform
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experience with microservice based architecture, preferably with AWS tooling (SageMaker, DynamoDB, Athena, Glue, etc.)
- Experience with the following languages (Java/Kotlin, Python, Scala) and preferably ML frameworks (scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Experience in software engineering best practices and tools including object-oriented programming, test-driven development, CI/CD, git, shell scripting, task orchestration
- Experience shipping machine learning systems in production environments a strong plus
- Foundational knowledge in statistical concepts (e.g. classification, regression, etc) and deep learning algorithms (e.g. CNN, RNN) is desirable