What youll do:
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building out a scalable and high volume Ingestion and Query Platform.
- Design and implement large scale, low latency microservices, including discovering and solving complex issues at scale.
- Operationally own, maintain and tune large scale data stores (like Elasticsearch, Scylla etc).
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- You will work extensively with a variety of streaming and search/query services, running on a Kafka backbone, and with a variety of stateful stores like Elasticsearch, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redis at Lookout.
- You will work on microservices built with Ruby, Java and Scala, on the AWS Cloud.
What were looking for:
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
- Has previously implemented or played a part in implementing microservice architectures, messaging patterns and streaming architectures.
- DevOps/SecOps along with experience tuning and maintaining large scale data stores like Elasticsearch, Scylla etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- We are going multi-cloud soon, so experience with both AWS and GCP will be huge!
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Experience with functional programming using Scala.
- Experience with serverless architectures on AWS, like AWS Lambda.
- Experience/expertise with the following stores - DynamoDB, Redis, Aurora.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with implementing services at scale.
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS).
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Big Table, Big Query, CloudSQL.
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms (iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend microservices, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.