We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Design the possibilities.
DraftKings is seeking a Senior Technical Designer to join our team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of our new studio. In this position, you will help manage and design UX and game flow while working with our art and engineering teams to implement art and FX. You will design, tune, and maintain game asset placement and UI layouts. You must have an artistic eye with the ability to layout visual assets created by the art team in a pleasing manner. A deep love of video games is a plus. Sound good to you? Join us!
What youll do as a Senior Technical Designer:
- Drive product design requirements and communicate needs to engineering and art.
- Manage product quality and ensure teams are delivering on product goals.
- Write and tune simple UI and visual FX scripts to animate visual elements.
- Create design documents and specifications outlining game system and layout requirements for the art and dev team.
- Collaborate with product managers and consumer insights to test and validate design assumptions.
What skills you will use:
- Experience in UI layout or level design with Unity 3D engine.
- Ability to create simple scripts using C#, typescript, or other major languages.
- Expertise in generating high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Google Slides, Google Docs, Word).
- Effective use of visual communication tools in communicating designs (Visio, Lucidchart, Visio, etc).
- Strong written and verbal communication to allow you to work effectively within your team, across disciplines, and with key stakeholders.
- Excellent critical, analytical, and feedback skills.
- Animation, art, or FX experience.
- Experience with web development and typescript.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.