E-commerce changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by cloud-based software. 6RS is recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have the Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, backed by the stability of being part of a global company. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
6 River Systems is digital by default, a digital first way of thinking, working and operating. The office as we've known it has changed for everyone and the majority of our employees now work from home.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the 6RS Data Insights Team, you will have the opportunity to work with the immense amount of data to improve the end-to-end 6RS warehouse automation system. We are looking for an inquisitive and creative engineer who will use both data analysis and on-the-ground observations (ie qualitative plus quantitative data) to provide insights into the behavior of the robots, their surroundings and ways to increase the performance of the 6RS system. Candidates should be comfortable using visualisations to extract useful observations from large data sets and presenting the findings to internal and external teams.
Our data scientists focus on pushing products and the business forward, with a focus on solving important problems rather than specific tools. We are looking for talented data scientists to help us leverage our data to help internal and external teams make better data informed decisions.
In this new position, you will:
- Visit and observe customer sites to generate recommendations for product roadmap.
- Partner closely with product, engineering and other business leaders to influence product and program decisions with data
- Experiment with models, simulations and even live full scale warehouses to help prove out improvement opportunities
- Build tools for analyzing system data to provide to other less technical teams
- Proactively identify and champion projects that solve complex problems across multiple domains
- Apply specialized skills and fundamental data science methods (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, and machine learning when needed) to inform improvements to our business
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines: work closely with stakeholders to build instrumentation and define dimensional models, tables or schemas that support business processes
- Build actionable KPIs, production-quality dashboards, informative deep dives, and scalable data products
- Influence leadership to drive more data-informed decisions
- Define and advance best practices within data science and product teams
Were looking for a team member with:
- 5+ years of work experience
- Extensive experience with Python and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with applied statistics and quantitative modeling (e.g. regression, survival analysis, segmentation, experimentation, and machine learning when needed)
- Demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and effectively communicate them to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Curiosity about the problem domain and an analytical approach
- Strong sense of ownership and growth mindset
You should have one or more of:
- Deep understanding of advanced SQL techniques
- Expertise with statistical techniques and their applications in business
- Masterful data storytelling and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of dimensional modeling and scaling ETL pipelines
- Experience launching productionized machine learning models at scale
- Extensive domain experience in e-commerce, marketing or SaaS
Our Innovation Lab is based in Waltham, MA. However, the office as we've known it has changed for everyone and the majority of our employees now work from home. So even if you are currently living outside of the greater Boston area, we encourage you to apply.
Position requires minimal travel (5%-10%) to customer sites in North America.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.