We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely.
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
As a Software Engineer on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly to the detection engines, analysis systems, and other core intellectual property at Lookout. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the Security Platform that underlies Lookouts category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems. You may be called on to work in high scale cloud systems, or directly on mobile platforms.
We're looking for senior engineers who have experience building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that performs dynamic analysis of Android mobile applications and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack. Functional programming experience is highly desired
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called to take on challenges in areas such as:
- Reverse engineering
- Mobile devices and platforms
- Data analysis
- Scalable distributed systems design
- Working knowledge of Android Runtime (ART) environment (or Dalvik Virtual Machine)
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work
- At least 10+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms
- Exceptional coding & design skills in one of the following: C++, Java or Scala
- Desire to invest and learn kernel and operating system level complexities and implementations
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery
- Passion for software engineering and reverse engineering software programs
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline
Nice to have:
- Android Mobile app development and automation
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily C++ / Java, with Scala
- iOS, Android, and their respective development tool chains