Vice President, Content Development
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Vice President, Content Development is responsible for the management and delivery of product content and services through the full product lifecycle. This includes gathering and prioritizing requirements, defining the product vision and scope, informing the product positioning, and driving the content roadmap based on industry trends and competitive pressures. This Vice President will identify, prototype and launch product offerings designed to accelerate business and leadership skill development. In this role, you will work cross-functionally within Skillsoft and externally with customers and thought-leaders to design, develop, deliver state of the art and highly impactful product line that meet revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction goals. This position reports to the GM-Leadership and Business.
- Define the vision for the groups product line, drive the development process from ideation to commercialization.
- Serve as a thought-leader and influencer in customer markets, leading the rapid and responsive development solutions. Identify and partner with external subject matter experts in content areas for new product development consideration.
- Manage certification requirements for all certification courses in the portfolio, ensuring partnership with credit bearing institutions.
- Build the product roadmap that allows for the evolution of products and services in strong collaboration with marketing and sales.
- Design, develop and lead highly effective and state-of-the-art e-learning and technology strategies.
- Inform and drive innovative leadership and business product strategy by staying current with industry and competitive trends.
- Lead team to create business cases, PRDs, MRDs and other documentation for new content offerings to support the development process and secure key stakeholder sponsorship.
- Partner with the Corporate Strategy team to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Serve as product line evangelist with the Sales Organization and coordinate with Sales to develop and implement sales tools and collateral through the Sales Enablement function.
- Partner with Marketing to define core product position and develop a comprehensive go-to-market process for the portfolio including messaging / positioning / campaigns that accurately reflect the features and benefits of new and existing content offerings. Ensure the successful implementation of this process with Marketing partners.
- Conduct market research to define and identify use cases and unmet needs of existing and potential customers and to establish business requirements.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree with 15+ years of related experience; Masters Degree a plus
- Deep subject matter expertise in skill development, learning and development methodologies and pedagogy, content development and instructional design, including comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply innovative design and development models, learning technologies, and adult learning principals.
- Ability to lead and conduct and develop online curriculum and training courses.
- Experience leading best-in-class, business-focused learning, and development/training functions.
- Demonstrated success in developing learning strategies, content, programs, and tactics for global markets.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets their people and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.