Who We Are
This role is for a person who is passionate about users and has a desire to help deliver positive consumer experiences through research advocacy. The perfect person to fill this role will be effective at amplifying user perspectives through research training and empathy-building programs. The Research Enablement Lead is a member of the larger Product Design team who will work closely with product managers, product designers, and other research organizations within the company.
What We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrable experience coordinating programs and events across large organizations.
- Experience in education, training, or curriculum development.
- Experience owning and driving highly visible initiatives across large organizations.
- Ability to work on multiple projects running concurrently.
- Ability to inspire and mentor colleagues interested in research as a skill and practice.
- Ability to build empathy and advocate for end-users among a wide variety of stakeholders.
What We Offer:
Join a world-class team of designers, writers, and researchers who are committed to building the best customer experience for discovering and buying home goods the world has ever seen. Our combined efforts help us to be the preferred platform for discovering and buying home goods. The experience we build is all-encompassing, from initial marketing touchpoint experience to transaction to delivery experience to re-engagement.
The Research Enablement Lead will own Research Enablement and End User Connections, scaling these two programs into Wayfair. Responsibilities include 1.) Developing and coordinating programs to mentor cross-functional peers in research practices and 2.) Amplifying end-user perspectives across the organization to promote a user-centric approach to product development.
Activities to Achieve these Goals may Include:
- Coordinate training & educational programming around user research
- Schedule application cycles & training dates
- Manage communications within programs (participants, facilitators) and beyond (announcements, updates, event promotion)
- Recruit training facilitators and align on logistics & expectations for their participation
- Solicit regular feedback and monitor program effectiveness
- Develop strategies for scaling programs to build user empathy across a variety of end-users
- Maintain close relationships with stakeholders to gain buy-in & long-term support for programming
Leadership & Advocacy
- Become a visible advocate for user research across a large organization
- Seek new opportunities to amplify the impact of user research to build empathy across functions
A minimum of 6 years of experience in some combination of program management, training, or curriculum development, with a strong working knowledge of user experience and consumer research. Masters degree in Human Factors, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, HCI, Education, or related field and/or commensurate experience.
- Coordination of programs & events, and managing several ongoing commitments simultaneously
- Curriculum development
- Strategy & scaling of programs
- Strong working knowledge of user research methodologies, data types, and paradigms
- Familiarity with insight management is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.