Immuta is the universal cloud data access control platform, enabling data teams to automate data access control on any cloud, using any data platform, at scale. With Immuta, organizations can finally unlock the full value of their data even the most sensitive data while improving productivity, reducing time to data, maintaining strong security, and enabling new data sharing use cases.
Since our founding in 2015, Immuta has now become the leader in cloud data access control. That comes by applying our expertise in engineering, security, ethics, and law. But, more importantly, it requires a relentless focus on our customers needs. Immutas customers understand that data is the most critical asset for innovation. Secure, democratized, self-service access to cloud-based data is an imperative to accelerate business intelligence, data science, and data sharing outcomes.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Customers include Aon, Credit Suisse, Daimler, S&P Global, U.S. Army, and Atlassian. Over half of the top banks now use Immuta
- Partners include Databricks, Snowflake, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $169 million in total venture capital funding. Investors include Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
- Major offices in Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; and, College Park, Maryland
As a Resident Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to shape the future data governance operations (DataGovOps) landscape working alongside Immuta's Sales team. This position is a senior level customer-facing role that requires deep expertise and a breadth of big data solution architecture experience.
On a weekly basis, you will guide customers through architecture, design, and implementation while strategically aligning their technical roadmap for implementing the Immuta platform. As part of the Resident Solutions Architect team, you will continue to strengthen your technical expertise through mentorship, and continuous learning. This role can be remote, but the ideal candidate will have a willingness to travel up to 30%.
- Provide technical leadership in a pre-sales capacity to guide strategic customers as they design and implement projects, ranging from architectural design, to data engineering, to performance engineering.
- Identify and drive new initiatives that enable customers to accelerate access to data and turn it into actionable business value and align these initiatives with their business outcomes for continued success
- Architect production level workloads, including end to end pipeline load performance testing and optimization.
- Perform complex Proofs of Value within encompassing enterprise data platforms, ETL pipelines, identity systems, and analytic ecosystems.
- Deliver tutorials and trainings to drive community adoption (including hackathons, conference presentations, etc.)
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to drive the direction of the Immuta product
- Contribute to Immuta SME community
- Hands-on and superior technical experience with Apache Spark (Databricks, EMR, CDH, etc.)
- Proven experience of design and implementation experience in big data technologies including Hadoop, NoSQL, MPP, OLTP, OLAP
- 5+ years experience working as either:Software Engineer/Data Engineer: query tuning, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and debugging Spark and/or other big data solutions.
- Data Scientist/ML Engineer: model selection, model lifecycle, hyperparameter tuning, model serving, deep learning, etc.
- Comfortable programming in Python, Scala, R, or Java
- Experience using and designing solutions on cloud infrastructure and services, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with Development Tools for CI/CD, Unit and Integration testing, Automation and Orchestration, REST API, BI tools and SQL Interfaces. E.g. Jenkins
- Proven experience with ML concepts covering Model Tracking, Model Serving and other aspects of productionizing ML pipelines in distributed data processing environments like Apache Spark, using tools like MLflow
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting to strategic stakeholders / leadership
- Experience in customer-facing pre-sales, post-sales, technical architecture guidance, or consulting
- Passionate about learning new technologies and making customers successful
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums and deductibles for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.