This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters. We are looking for an individual with in-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in robotic perception. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience both researching and developing robotic perception technologies. This role will build real perception systems for real robots to deliver value for commercial customers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Background equivalent to M.S. degree.
- Proficient in perception technologies such as computer vision, 3D point cloud processing and interpretation, or learning.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Ability to synthesize approaches to problems from new or existing techniques.
- Development experience in C++ and Python.
- Working experience in Linux with an understanding of both concurrency and architecture.
- Good code habits including version control and testing.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a multidisciplinary team.
- Must be able to take on multiple roles.
- Ph.D. in Computer Vision
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Work outside of an academic lab setting.
- An affinity for puzzles.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a venture-backed company that combines artificial intelligence and intelligent robotics to change the way companies do business. Our company includes a team of world class technology experts recruited from centers of excellence including iRobot, Amazon, Uber, Tesla, Kiva Systems, Google, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Rethink Robotics, Lockheed Martin, BAE, Honeywell, and others. Prior work by this team resulted in more than 30 commercial products and billions of dollars in product revenue. Simply put, our team knows how to produce disruptive products that generate value for our customers.
As a company, we work hard and are creating material impact with our customers. Some would feel the need to say, “we work hard and play hard.” At Berkshire Grey our work is so rewarding that most of us finish a day and think “what could be more amazing?” Our culture is highly collaborative and open, the technical problems are challenging, the business opportunities are magnificent, and the value of your work to the customers and to the world is clear. Indeed, what could be better?
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Benefits include: medical and related insurance, 401k with generous vesting and match models, and a well stocked kitchen.