Are you ready to join a company thats transforming the education landscape? At edX, we provide a platform that allows our College, University, and Business partners to serve world-class educational content to everyone, everywhere. Our customers are individual learners from around the world; our College, University, and Business partners who provide courses on our platform; and enterprise businesses who provide access to edX content to their workforce. As we continue to grow, were investing in operational excellence across the business. Your contributions on the IT team will help create a solid foundation of technology and data for executing our business vision and bringing education to learners across the world.
As the Integration Architect, you will be part of the Business Systems team, and our first full-time Integration hire. You will spend most of your time on solution delivery, where you build deep relationships with your stakeholders to understand both business processes and how integration solutions add value to processes and teams. You will also collaborate with the Data Engineering and Data Analytics teams on cross functional projects to deliver superior data in the right systems at the right time to enable better, faster decision-making. You will support IT & Data leadership with recommendations and applications of integration principles, standards, and strategies to mature our organizational integration capabilities. Last but not least, you will help our team build a Center of Excellence to guide and empower colleagues in how to build excellence and competency within the Integration domain.
- be part of the Business Systems team, reporting to the Manager of Business Systems
- spend 80% of your time designing and implementing integration solutions throughout the value delivery lifecycle, from intake of business requirements to analysis, design, delivery, test, deploy and ongoing support and maintenance. This is a very hands-on individual contributor role, often working with outsourced resources for delivery.
- work directly with cross functional teams and customers to arrive at highly performant and scalable solutions in alignment with IT strategic goals and architecture
- be comfortable with getting inputs and buy-in from stakeholders, managing project dependencies effectively, and handling change management in a high growth environment
- stay focused on the most important and highest impact work, embrace a continuous, rapid cycle of discovery and delivery, and measure progress along the way
- build a deep understanding of business processes, from the team- to company- level, seeking empathy to understand others and documenting your learning along the way
- contribute towards IT Governance and Enterprise Architecture principles and frameworks, applying integration principles and standards to guide technology decisions
- provide thought leadership and consultation to colleagues around the company with integration know-how and best practices
- contribute towards building a Center of Excellence within the Integration domain, coaching business users on how to build effective integrations with tools like Zapier.
- an empathetic, thoughtful, and skilled professional who enjoys working with and building up others
- highly skilled at problem solving and critical thinking in a technical context
- highly skilled in systems-level and operational thinking
- highly organized and detail-oriented
- highly skilled at communicating, both in writing and verbally, with tact and empathy
- excited and able to learn and support new technologies
- open to taking on new responsibilities as the needs of the organization evolve
- continually learning new skills and developing your technical and business domain knowledge
- 7+ years of experience in integration services delivery using enterprise grade applications (e.g. MuleSoft, Tray.io, Celigo, Workato, Boomi, Zapier)
- 5+ years of experience integrating large application platforms such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday, HubSpot, and Braze
- 3-5+ years of hands-on delivery in the Quote to Cash domain (e.g. Salesforce - NetSuite)
- 3-5+ years of leading cross functional projects and change management
- a big picture outlook combined with high attention to technical detail
- strong business/commercial acumen
- an excellent understanding of what constitutes a good user experience for business users and data analysts
- an excellent understanding of data management practices, including data privacy compliance
- experience leading project teams and managing business stakeholders
- experience managing outsourced resources
- experience working in an Agile environment
- 5+ years of experience in a tech lead or architect role
- 3-5+ years of hands-on delivery in at least one of the following domains:
- eCommerce (e.g. Stripe)
- Marketing Automation (e.g. HubSpot, Braze)
- Hire to Retire (e.g. Workday, Greenhouse)
- Collaborative Productivity (e.g. Jira, Slack)
- Experience in building an integration maturity model to shift from point-to-point integrations to process-driven, reusable APIs
- Experience in architecting and building the foundation for microservices or message bus
- Experience in data observability and building integration health dashboards, using monitoring and log management tools like OpsGenie, New Relic, Splunk
- Experience using Atlassian suite of tools for project management and documentation (i.e. Jira and Confluence)
- Experience using a process mapping and diagram tool such as Lucidchart
Why youll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. Youll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- Were on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you! edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.