Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Sales Development Representative at Veeva, you will join a highly accelerated two-year path for ambitious and motivated individuals interested in a sales career. This accelerated sales track is comprised of two distinct phases:
Phase 1: Youll work as a Sales Development Representative (SDR). Well teach you about the Life Sciences industry and SaaS technology. Youll generate sales demand and pipeline revenue through inbound and outbound lead development. This job will help you build both foundational sales skills and an authentic sales approach.
Phase 2: You will be promoted to Associate Account Executive and aligned to a sales team and sales manager. In this role, you will continue to develop leads, which will become the basis for your territory as an Account Executive. You will also shadow top-performing Account Executives to learn how they succeed and to understand the full deal cycle from lead to renewal.
We will invest in your learning and growth, with formal education, peer-to-peer activities, coaching, and mentoring. Upon successful completion of these two phases, you will be promoted to an Account Executive position in our Field Sales organization and positioned for a great and long-term career in Sales.
What You'll Do
- Work within a defined territory to generate and qualify new leads and opportunities
- Research and develop a plan for breaking into your assigned accounts
- Partner closely with a sales team and account executives to advance and close your opportunities over time
- Build trusted relationships with prospective customers, understand their needs, and recommend the right Veeva products and solutions
- Rapidly develop your sales skills on the job and through training and events
- 4+ years of professional experience with a background in Sales or Life Sciences
- BA or BS Degree in a technical major (STEM, Economics, Accounting, etc.) with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter that is comfortable and confident in taking initiative
- Organized. Can manage time and multiple priorities
- Willing to travel as needed
- Legally authorized to be employed in the United States without limitations or restrictions
Nice to Have
- Experience in Consulting, Customer Success, or Project Management
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Experience or demonstrated interest in Life Sciences or Technology
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
- Personalized giving program
- Flexible PTO
Base pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00
The salary range listed represents the potential base salary range for this position. The actual salary will vary for each candidate based on experience, market, and expected contributions.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].