Are you a curious problem solver who often finds themselves wondering about the logic behind how something works? Do you like to be a translator of technical problems and solutions for business users?
Cultural Care Au Pair is seeking a Salesforce Administrator to join our growing organization! As a part of our global technology team, you'll be responsible for the ongoing improvement, support and maintenance of our Salesforce platform. You will work out of our Cambridge, MA office, but interface regularly with your team members in Zurich, Switzerland.
What youll do:
- Serve as system administrator for Cultural Care Au Pairs Salesforce instance
- Provide Salesforce support and resolve problems for internal customers in an efficient and timely manner
- Assist with ongoing maintenance and projects
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account access and permissions, workflows, page layouts and other routine tasks
- Maintain existing platform configurations and build new configurations that might include custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, list views, etc.
- Research and determine optimum solutions in Salesforce to solve prioritized issues
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and Product Owners to understand pain points, process gaps and opportunities for optimization
- Create and maintain internal user guides and updated processes
- Assist in training new users to support the growth of Salesforce adoption across the organization
Who you are:
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Experience working as a Salesforce Admin or experience working in Salesforce daily with a desire to become Salesforce Admin certified within the first six months of employment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- A hunger for learning and a nothing-is-impossible attitude
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and break down high-level information into details
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on the current Salesforce implementation
- History of successfully driving projects to completion
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment is preferred but not required
Why youll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]).
You can expect:
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Paid international business travel
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- $1500 annual tuition reimbursement and $500 annual charity matching
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About Cultural Care Au Pair
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host familiesproviding meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.