CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a self-motivated and team player for our Samplemaker position with experience in multiple apparel and accessory categories of cut & sew knits, wovens and technical performance fabrications with domestic and overseas factories. Reporting to the Patternmaker, you have 10 plus years experience with core competencies in sewing a variety of designs. You have the ability to work in a cohesive team environment with various business partners and our engineers while consistently demonstrating our shared values. You are a functional expert for the execution of our designs and manufacturing scope with the ability to quickly respond to change. To be successful, you have a working knowledge of garment construction with experience in sewing various types of apparel products with the ability to learn garment bonding techniques.
- Partner with the patternmaker and product development team to execute intended designs with attention to detail and an understanding of raw material challenges
- Analyze specifications in order to produce samples
- Perform operator daily machine maintenance for all assigned sewing machines
- Ensure finished product meets all required specifications
- Collaborate with the patternmaker and design team to produce mock ups used for construction and fit R&D
- Identify potential construction and quality issues and provide recommendations and solutions
- Track and manage workflow to ensure Time and Action Calendar objectives are met
- Proactively participate and support new initiatives and projects
- Pressing and hand sewing skills
- Must be able to read and comprehend the patternmakers construction specifications, patterns, and seam allowances needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of sewing techniques, as well as including bonding applications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to observe, analyze, and provide construction solutions to a growing team
- Ability to be flexible in regard to the needs and demands of the company; you are able to work cross functionally with various departments, such as design and production to help the team succeed
- Self-motivated with a willingness to contribute new ideas and processes for continued success
- Must be able to create samples based on the measurements and descriptions with our technical design/development team. You must have knowledge of a wide range of fabrics and categories, knowledge of sewing and stitching techniques and must be able to use single needle, overlock, cover stitch machines, bar tack, etc.
- Develop and revise sample from 1st proto to Production
- Knowledge of cellular or modular manufacturing is also helpful to include understanding of costing, specifications, pattern development and sample production
- Ability to analyze and implement new methods of sewn garment construction with ability to learn bonding experience
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills
- Well demonstrated methods of work processes
- Pressing and hand sewing skills
- Ability to cut samples, as needed
- High school diploma with additional courses in sewing techniques
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.