Who We Are: The Wayfair Creative team is a multi-talented group of innovative thinkers across many disciplines, partnering closely with strategic leaders to catapult Wayfair into the leading destination for all things home by developing engaging advertising campaigns, next-in-class consumer experiences, and scalable brand systems.
What Youll Do: Wayfair is seeking an experienced Seasonal & Experiential Creative Production Manager to join our team. The teams Production Manager will oversee all aspects of the end to end creative development and production process, across a range of media and working with a diverse group of talent - including experiential and interior designers, architects, fabricators, merchandisers, copywriters, graphic designers and more all working together to build the Experiential Creative Production Manager Team from the ground up.
This role will play a major part in launching the seasonal creative process, which includes many of the traditional aspects of research, publishing, graphic design, TV/video production, social media, public relations and events. The position also includes typical aspects of brick and mortar retail, the companys newest sales and marketing channel. Working on this omni-channel requires managing internal teams and clients and a stable of external collaborators.
Additionally, you'll also flex into project management and operations for our corporate retail creative team, establishing processes, balancing budgets, working against deadlines, and coordinating with field employees on delivery and installation. The Production Manager must collaborate and partner closely with our creative, brand, marketing, merchandising, and physical retail teams.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in retail/experiential production or similar production, project management or creative operations, and will demonstrate an ability to confidently manage a process and influence diverse teams to meet deadlines and collaborate toward a common goal. A strong operational orientation is key to success in this role, as is continuous learning, a keen eye for efficiency and a passion for process improvement.
Physical retail is a new and growing team at Wayfair, so the Seasonal & Experiential Creative Production Manager will need to collaborate with all partner teams, establishing the process up front, rolling it out across the teams, and continuing to optimize and pivot as we grow and scale. It will require flexibility and a scrappy, roll up the sleeves mentality to build out this new capability from the ground up.
- Manage a range of project types across the diverse working groups within the Seasonal Creative Team, ensuring timely completion of the projects and communication and collaboration with other Wayfair teams and stakeholders
- Define the operational roadmap and individual project plans for the physical retail creative team, establishing timelines, allocating creative resources, and providing transparency and frequent updates to the full working and stakeholder team
- Communicate and manage all established deadlines across a range of disciplines, including but not limited to graphic design, publishing, TV/video, social media, retail environments, industrial design, interior design/architecture, etc.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop, refine and implement a process to support all creative production activities related to the launch and growth of our physical retail stores, as well as our seasonal creative planning process. Identify process and tooling improvement opportunities and help make a business case for implementation
- Contribute to the development of team strategy and execution across a range of project types, contributing beyond project management and voicing your professional point of view
- Build strong cross-functional relationships to be seen as the go-to person for all physical retail creative production and deliverables
- Support cross-functional teams to problem-solve, anticipate needs and provide solutions across physical retail and seasonal creative planning
Who You Are:
- Seasoned project manager/producer with 7+ years of experience in a creative professional setting (creative studio, relevant brand/corporation, or similar), focused on experiential design, events, graphic design, publishing, advertising, branding, etc. Additional work experience or education in design and architecture
- Bachelors degree
- 2-3 years of experience managing teams
- Exceptional written, visual and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Proven track record of leadership and collaboration, taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to problem solve and pivot to the needs of the growing business
- Ability to see things from both a creative and business point of view
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Experience with GSuite applications preferred
- PMP certification is a plus
- Expert at prioritization, you can evaluate the needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which research initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business
- Ability to lead by example, represent the team internally and externally
- Proactive, forward thinking and collaborative
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.