The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Candidate note: We're open to candidates based near our Bedford, MA or Bracknell, UK offices or working remotely in the US, UK, or EU.
EDB is looking for an experienced Staff Engineer, Security Architecture to help drive our security and compliance development processes, assist the development teams in interpretation and accurate implementation of various controls, and help build tools that automate security compliance controls.
- Identify security requirements and collaborate with development teams on best practices to be adopted across our technology
- Translate compliance control language into policies and procedures for technical teams to apply to the development and lifecycle management of their services
- Build systems and tools to automate manual security processes
- Support technical teams in determining appropriate architectural approach, selecting technical security design and configurations to deliver secure and compliant solutions
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure the adoption of security initiatives based on compliance requirements and help drive the overall implementation strategy
- Ensure sufficient security controls are in place by developing technical solutions to mitigate vulnerabilities, in collaboration with internal teams as product and service subject matter experts
- Develop and revise policies, processes, runbooks and guidelines aligned to key control families
- 3+ years of software, network or systems engineering experience
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices, secure software architecture, SDLC and the ability to clearly articulate best practices and mitigations for application security
- Working knowledge of at least 2 compliance frameworks (NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, FedRAMP, SOC2, PCI, ISO 27001)
- Effective at working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team
Nice to Have
- Solid understanding of database technologies and secure application development
- Familiarity with container solutions (Docker/Kubernetes) and microservices
- Experience working with Jira and GitHub
- Involvement in OSS communities (not just Postgres, though thats a double plus!)
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.