Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video has the power to inform, inspire, challenge, amuse, and connect. And were here for it.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen. Our customers are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration.
We are searching for an exceptional person to take a position as a member of our growing sales team who can assist us in developing and leading our account base in the US federal government. This person must have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue goals and has had prior experience selling to senior-level government executives and/or technology and business leaders in a highly competitive market. This person must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication and negotiating skills. This is a hunter role and requires extensive pipeline building and prospecting.
- Responsible for landing and expanding revenue development in Brightcoves enterprise federal market in a national territory through the development and leadership of sales professionals.
- Develop and execute a territory plan focused on revenue generation.
- Develop an understanding of procurement processes for each agency and build a knowledge of projects and contract opportunities within each agency.
- Build a metrics-driven sales pipeline of new accounts in respective remote field.
- Become a domain and industry expert.
- Close deals!
- 8-10 years of experience in software/SaaS selling into the government sector
- Experience selling into Senior level Government Executives, Government Accounts, and LOB
- Demonstrated success of sales experience with US Federal customers or other Public Sector customers including Civilian agencies, DoD, Intel, State & Local Government, Education or Non-Profits
- Familiarity with government contracts and bidding process
- Familiar with Carahsoft and other government resellers
- Ability to manage a pipeline, carry through and close complex deals with multiple stakeholders.
- Capability to qualify opportunities in large volumes and interact with other team members to work toward closing deals.
- Expertise in assessing client needs effectively and addressing needs through new products and services.
- A strong track record delivering on or exceeding revenue goals.
- Knowledge in demonstrating a solution over the phone/web conference and in person.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tools.
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience.
These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
- This is a quota-carrying role
- This role does involve travel
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19 and plan to return to an in-office experience once it is safe to do so. While you wont get to experience the in-office culture as this is a fully remote role based in Washington, D.C., you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!