Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
The senior analyst will play a critical role in building out the processes of the reporting and technical accounting functions. Reporting to the Senior Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, this role will support and collaborate with internal business partners, prepare financial statements and related documents, analyze significant complex accounting transactions, and conduct research for new accounting disclosures. It is a highly visible role that frequently interacts with both the executive management and various teams throughout the organization, and receives a broad insight into the Companys business and operations.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Prepare consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements and related footnotes, including the statement of cash flows
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various teams throughout the organization, the accounting team, and external auditors
- Analyze significant and complex technical accounting transactions, including those related to ASC 350, ASC 842, and ASC 606
- Communicate and explain accounting conclusions
- Perform flux analyses at the consolidated level
- Review various internal and external presentations, including investor presentations
- Support the monthly accounting process, including preparation or review of journal entries related to reviewed technical accounting transactions
- Assist in development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to financial reporting and technical accounting, and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Lead or assist on special projects or reporting requests as needed
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in auditing and/or accounting
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- CPA with auditing experience from a Big 4 accounting firm highly desired
- Strong understanding and relevant experience with GAAP accounting guidance (ASC 350, 842 & 606) desired
- Able to research areas of technical accounting complexity and apply the applicable guidance to rapidly changing fact patterns in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain accounting topics in an understandable and logical manner
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Proactive with a proven track record of fostering relationships across all functions and levels
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc. desired
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.