Who we are:
Operations Analytics is a centralized business analytics team that helps shape the strategy and execution of Wayfairs rapidly expanding global, end-to-end supply chain. Within the role, you will apply your leadership and quantitative skills in a highly collaborative environment to meet business-critical operations challenges head on. The Operations Analytics team is the go-to source for the analytics needs of the Wayfair Operations group, which is rapidly growing Wayfairs asset-based supply chain capabilities. Members of the team serve as internal, cross-functional consultants supporting the Operations group on a wide array of strategic and operational decisions including network and transportation design, fulfillment center footprint optimization, inventory planning, and customer service operations.
If youre passionate about driving business impact by working alongside teams of other analytics professionals, applying cutting-edge techniques to inform complex operations decisions, and enjoy working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, then this is the perfect role for you!
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into concrete work streams that can be answered using data-driven modeling and analysis
- Partner with cross-functional business stakeholders to identify, analyze, and implement initiatives that allow us to more effectively operate our supply chain network
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfairs supply chain
- Use analytical and quantitative skills to work with large and complex datasets, analyze ill-defined questions, build custom analytical decision models, and develop recommendations to guide business decisions
- Present your analysis with clear recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Demonstrate strong motivation and ability to develop and continuously improve business and analysis processes to keep pace with the rapid growth and scale of Wayfairs operations
Who you are:
- BA or BS in a quantitative field with a strong academic record; MS in Business, Mathematics, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or Analytics preferred, but not required
- 2+ years professional work experience in a strong quantitative, analytical, or consulting role
- Passionate about tackling complex supply-chain business problems including problem definition, analytical model building, and presentation of business insights to peers, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Cross-functional collaboration experience with demonstrated examples of business impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to translate sophisticated analyses into a logical, convincing business narrative
- Affinity for working with data and resourcefulness in situations where clean data and/or complete information is not available or time to develop a solution is limited.
- Advanced Excel and business modeling skills in a professional environment including proficiency in advanced analytics & database tools (e.g., Python, SQL, Gurobi, Google BigQuery)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.