We bring the newest features of Twitter to Android. This team impacts hundreds of millions of users, which brings with it interesting product and technical challenges at that scale. We keep development lightweight and agile, make data driven decisions, and release with high quality and velocity. Come be a part of our team!
Who We Are:
Our teams love using the latest web and mobile technologies for all features on Twitter, such as Tweets, DMs, Spaces, Communities, and more. We build rich experiences that create new forms of content and improve the mechanics and comprehension of conversations on Twitter. We collaborate closely with our design partners to keep Twitter modern, relevant and enjoyable to use.
What You'll Do:
As part of the Mobile team you'll be responsible for bringing some of our core products to Android. We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces on Android.
You’re an experienced Android UI engineer looking to make Twitter for Android one of the best mobile experiences out there. You're someone who excels at customer-centric product development and has a passion for making beautiful, smooth, delightful mobile experiences.
If this sounds like you, you probably have:
- Knowledge with Android UI design principles and accessibility best practices.
- Strong customer-focused thinking skills: The ability to understand the needs and wants of the customer of a product, and think creatively about what we can build to support them.
- Strong multi-functional collaboration, with experience and intuition for all parts of product development. You’re a valuable partner to Product and Design and building strong working relationships with these teams is crucial to success.
- Ability to translate and refine product ideas into real features. You can take any product idea, assess trade-offs, and quickly and independently build it into software.
- Experience with prototyping for early takeaways. You can take a set of product hypotheses and requirements, and develop specs for prototypes that are simple enough to be built quickly, but also allow for maximum takeaways for the product hypotheses.
- Thrive in uncertainty. You are comfortable working in exploratory environments without well-defined specifications or plans, able to move quickly, and comfortable abandoning work if hypotheses are not correct.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience developing mobile applications on Android
- Experience partnering with designers to implement designs
- Experience working with UI Motion, such as custom cubic-bezier timing curves and After Effects, implementation of standard OS animations and working with Lottie animations.
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Java
Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now. From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, see every side of the story. Join the open conversation, and collaborate with creative and curious people across the globe.
“The whole world is watching Twitter. You don't go a day without hearing about Twitter, how it’s used as the fastest way to send a message to the world in an instant, how it carries some of the most important commentary and conversations, how it mobilizes people into action. That's powerful, it's valuable, it's fundamental.” - Jack Dorsey
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.