About the Job
The Senior Application Developer (ServiceNow) is responsible for full systems lifecycle management activities (designing, developing, testing, and implementation) for ServiceNow solutions in accordance with the business processes, needs and requirements. Quality is a key, as is an ability to understand Companys business needs and requirements, translating them into a technical reality that is extendable and maintainable. The Senior Application Developer (ServiceNow) will work very closely with both IT and external business groups to assist with the solutioning, development, implementation and integration of innovative ServiceNow solutions using industry standard techniques and tools. This is an opportunity for a talented developer to provide tactical support to the internal user community as well as strategic analysis to ensure that Intralinks is utilizing the ServiceNow platform to its ultimate potential.
About the Team
The Senior Application Developer (ServiceNow) reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications and is part of the Business Applications team that is responsible for supporting/developing/enhancing corporate applications and integrations.
- Collaborate with development and ITSM teams to design, develop, and test application solutions
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to junior ServiceNow developers
- Work with business users to translate requirements into technical solutions while using OOTB and low/no code functionality wherever possible.
- Create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting
- Help maintain code quality, documentation, and automatization
- Build and support integrations to drive automation, increase visibility and improve data quality.
- Provide high quality support and technical documentation of the ServiceNow platform.
- Ensure that the platform stays current with regular platform upgrades while following and adhering to development standards and best-practices.
- Troubleshoot and debug system issues
- B.S. Computer Science or similar discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience with ServiceNow IT Service Management and CMDB
- In depth knowledge of development on the ServiceNow Platform, including client and server scripting, ServiceNow REST API, and custom widget development in Service Portal, Integration Hub, Service Level Management, and Flow Designer
- Knowledge of ServiceNow development and configuration best practices
- Knowledge of ServiceNow database hierarchies and design
- Experience with development, customization, and administration of multiple components of ServiceNow
- Experience with SOAP and REST Web Services
- Experience with SQL and scripting tools such as PowerShell
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent communication and strong team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to learn and master new tools and apply the new skills to the job
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.