Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As a member of the Trust Engineeringing team, you will focus on revealing potential weaknesses and coming up with creative solutions to eliminate entire classes of vulnerabilities, by creating libraries, tools and practices. You will do this by performing code reviews during development, threat modelling during design reviews, and performing security assessments of our live applications. In short, your role will be to build partnerships with other engineering teams, to enable our developers to ship features securely throughout all phases of the SDLC.
Were looking for individuals with a strong background and interest in securing systems and infrastructure at scale, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. Building world-class financial services requires world-class security.
- Contributing security-focused feedback to engineers during all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Working with other senior technical leaders in Engineering and InfoSec to develop a long-term strategy for a strong overall security posture.
- Participating in and supporting application security reviews and threat modeling, as well as the development of these processes themselves.
- Communicating risks to engineers through training and technical demonstration of vulnerabilities and secure design patterns.
- Deploying, fine-tuning, and automating processes by developing tooling to mitigate application level threats to Better at scale.
- Collaborating with other engineering teams to drive remediation of security vulnerabilities, while balancing prioritization of security issues within SLAs and teams respective product backlogs.
- Provide ongoing knowledge transfer and training of secure coding best practices, illustrating how any recent findings introduce risk to Better.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with the development team through the software engineering process including but not limited to security reviews/remediation pertaining to the stage of the SDLC.
- Maintaining current knowledge of emerging security threats that could impact Better.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 5+ years experience in security testing of web applications and native apps
- Expertise in common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws.
- Expertise in SaaS architecture on AWS
- Coding or scripting experience and skills to contribute to the development and improvement of tooling.
- Experience using web application vulnerability scanning tools (Burp Pro, ZAP) and with manual web application testing.
- General understanding of security standards such as PCI, NYDFS, NIST etc.
- Working knowledge of OWASP Top 10.
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.