CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
CreateMe is seeking a Senior Automation Engineer to architect automated manufacturing systems. You will collaborate with multiple teams within CreateMe to understand the manufacturing requirements for our products and create concepts, specify prototypes, and source production equipment - both commercially available and custom - to meet these product requirements. Your CreateMe R&D engineering team partners include mechanical, electrical, software, robotics engineering, and NPI. The Senior Automation Engineer will bring the work of other teams together into an automated manufacturing system.
- Architect innovative design concepts for complex automated manufacturing systems
- Integrate the work of the HW R&D team into a cohesive automated system
- Translate business needs into technical requirements by working with marketing and product management teams
- Justify concepts and solutions through engineering analysis and calculations
- Quickly develop and assess prototypes and proofs-of-concept designs, taking input from a cross-functional team
- Prepare cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage
- Write system specification documents to communicate requirements to external vendors and integrators
- Manage the build, integration, and delivery of the automation systems and equipment
- Act as a technical focal point on the automation project and system
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up
- Engineering degree in a related discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Mechatronics, or other related degrees
- 7+ years directly related experience such as Machine Design, Advanced Manufacturing, Automation Engineering, or Applications Engineering
- Experience in an automated factory environment with direct responsibility for automated assembly lines
- Experience in managing external suppliers and vendors for the design and manufacturing of custom automation equipment
- Knowledge of machine standards such as OSHA, CE, ISO, UL
- Experience using mechanical CAD systems such as SolidWorks
- Ability to travel to equipment vendor locations (domestic or international) for design reviews and FAT, occasionally
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- PLC and HMI programming experience any
- Robotic applications experience
- PC programming Python, VBA, VB, C (C, C++, C#), Java, etc.
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.