Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
This is an exciting phase in our growth that has created a unique opportunity to be involved in the design and direction of Embarks modern data strategy. You will be working on the Business Intelligence Engineering team and partnering with the Product, Marketing, and Finance teams to build and deploy the next-generation end-to-end data analytics platform that will transform our data culture.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with engineering and business partners to propose and implement innovative solutions to data and reporting challenges
- Participate in the definition of the teams technology stack using best of breed data engineering and business intelligence tools
- Prepare, cleanse, and load data for ad hoc analysis and prebuilt reporting purposes
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient and scalable ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and collaborate with other agile team members
- Participate in code reviews and promote the adoption of best practices
What experience were looking for:
- 7+ years of professional experience with modern data platform solutions and business intelligence tools
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with introducing modern Business Intelligence tools/platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker to an organization
- Experience with data warehouse platforms such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, or Azure
- Knowledge of modern data modeling and data engineering tools
- Experience with Agile software development practices (story grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives)
- Strong desire to and aptitude for learning new technologies and patterns
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage colleagues and stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Experience with these technologies is a plus:
- AWS Redshift
- Power BI
- Data Build Tools (dbt)
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.