PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and enabling precision medicine with digital pathology.
We're looking for experienced biostatisticians to lead statistical analysis activities for clinical product development. The role requires maintaining a steady, open dialogue regarding study execution with internal and external regulatory teams, designing analysis plans that cover timelines, data quality, and interpretation of the results. The role will drive PathAIs growth by leading the company in its goals of achieving regulatory approval of first-in-class AI models, and developing study designs in collaboration with our biopharma partners. The right candidate will be a mission-driven, rigorous statistician with demonstrated expertise in study design.
What youll do:
- Lead biostatistics efforts in a team setting of fellow scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Determine innovative study designs, appropriate statistical tests and methods for both evaluating and generating statistical hypotheses.
- Work with other functional areas across PathAI to set product development strategies that increase the probability of success, and create an innovative environment, agile and clear processes, and high levels of productivity.
- Descriptive and exploratory analysis of cross-sectional and longitudinal data.
- Participate in interactions with the regulatory agencies and corporate partners on the biostatistical aspects of product development.
What youll need:
- PhD in Biostatistics/Statistics or equivalent with 5+ years relevant work experience or MS in Biostatistics/Statistics, or equivalent with 10+ years relevant experience.
- In-depth experiences in the clinical development process and the role of biostatistics to design studies and experiments to generate the most relevant evidence.
- Statistical programming in Python.
- Capability to conduct systematic analyses to evaluate multiple hypotheses and prioritize clinically-relevant questions.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication, data presentation, and visualization skills.
- Comfort working with industry, academic, and regulatory leaders.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.