Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is seeking an energetic, multidisciplinary designer to produce a range of engaging digital and print assets to support our growing brand. In this role, you will focus on elevating Benchling's design language internally and externally. This role reports directly to the Creative Director but will involve managing internal stakeholders to resolve various creative challenges. You will have the opportunity to help build a brand from the ground up while working with others and delivering compelling work from ideation to production.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Partner with our Creative Director to uphold and extend the ongoing visual identity of Benchling
- Create compelling and imaginative graphic content for multi-channel campaigns, both internally and externally
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Product teams and be strategic in generating successful, high-performing and brand-defining visual assets
- Champion brand guidelines, standards and design systems and translate those into consistent and compelling work across the brand
- 5+ years experience with web design, communication or brand design
- Impeccable attention to detail and care for all aspects of design, from conceptual thinking to motion and visual design
- Deep knowledge and genuine interest in the work being done in the fields of technology, advertising, communications, and marketing
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience leading creative projects from ideation to production
- Familiarity with with relevant Creative Cloud programs, Sketch, Figma and other design programs
- Endless self-motivation and the ability to forecast what's needed next
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.