Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are seeking talented individuals to join the Veeva Business Consulting group in Medical, a priority area for Veeva. We work with senior customer stakeholders, as the digital partner of choice for 85% of the top 20 Pharmaceutical companies, to define and realize the strategic value of Medical Affairs.
As a Senior Consultant, you will manage complex and novel consulting projects for Veeva customers in Medical managing teams and planning, organizing, and tracking all aspects of delivery. You will analyze interesting problems, build insightful solutions, and develop close working relationships with stakeholders to deliver realizable value, at the forefront of digital and medical innovation.
Opportunities are available across the US for this role as this is a remote position. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the US.
What Youll Do
- Lead Medical facing projects as the operational face of a Veeva Business Consulting team, with responsibility for planning, organizing, and managing all aspects of delivery including scope, quality, resources, risk, and timelines
- Be responsible for the end-to-end design, build, and delivery of deliverables that meet overall project goals and objectives
- Identify and proactively solve problems faced by the client
- Be a trusted client contact for operational and strategic questions, developing the relationship through face-to-face discussions, workshops, telephone, and email contact
- Manage the work and priorities of team members in your project(s)
- Support and mentor Consultants and Associates in developing skills and professional capabilities
- Bring to clients an excellent level of the industry, market, and functional insight including medical-specific issues
- Proactively lead business development opportunities and proposals in Medical Affairs
- Develop and disseminate thought leadership and campaigns that differentiate Veeva Business Consulting in the market for Medical Affairs
- Bachelors degree and excellent academic record
- 6+ years of consulting experience in an established strategic/management consulting organization
- Experience in Life Sciences
- Good understanding and deep interest in Medical, having delivered consulting engagements in one or more of the following areas: Medical operating model design, Medical Field Force Transformation, Medical Engagement model design and execution, Medical Communications & Publication strategy, Medical Information & Content strategy, Key Account Management, Market Access, new product planning, Launch readiness, Medical Insights & Data Optimization, Health outcomes.
- Good understanding of medical/commercial/marketing technology and ideally Veevas platforms and solutions and how business consulting offerings can both leverage and support these
- Good understanding of the business capabilities and drivers underpinning digital technology in Health and life sciences
- Proven analytical skills, able to quantitatively and qualitatively assess problems and communicate responses across a range of issues
- A problem-solving mindset: anticipating issues early, analyzing and proactively finding solutions
- Demonstrated leadership of others in the delivery of complex deliverables
- Highly effective project management skills
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and quickly establish credibility
- Have strong personal impact and ability to influence and persuade a range of stakeholders
- An effective communicator verbally and written, in English, and in the local office language
Nice to Have
- Graduate-level qualification, Ph.D., and/or MBA
- Network in Top 20 Life Science companies or leading biotech/ SMBs
- Experience with digital technologies channels, analytics tools, emerging technology
- Experience working with SaaS solutions
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].