The recently formed Autonomy Metrics team is a group of software engineers who accelerate the progress of Motionals autonomous vehicles by developing high-quality, data-driven key performance indicators organization-wide. Specifically, the AV system and subsystem metrics are used to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks, our dashboards are used to guide strategic decisions across all levels including senior leadership, and our infrastructure provides always-available critical tools to research scientists and developers.
- Own the backend for core products developed by the team
- Build up processing and data aggregation methods.
- Interact with DynamoDB and SQL databases.
- Create, document, and test API endpoints.
- Work with frontend developers to provide an optimal user experience for web applications.
- Work with engineers creating metrics to integrate new data types and continually improving our components.
- Ground truth perception regression,
- Comparing software performance at a key metric level with large-scale resimulation,
- On-road performance analysis, and
- Autonomy regression detection and prevention.
Experience to bring:
- Backend development experience.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale cloud applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. .
- A strong sense of ownership: Be able to drive projects from conception to production.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree.
We'd be pleasantly surprised to see:
- Experience with flask servers or similar.
- Experience with Swagger documentation or similar.
- Experience with DynamoDB or similar.
- Experience developing in and deploying to AWS.
Even more details:
The team charter is centered around three core concepts:
- How should we score our autonomous vehicle system and subsystems as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical, and ride comfort related constraints?
- How do we quickly and efficiently obtain system level metrics via large scale simulation?
- How can we extract value from the large volume of high-quality data we collect?
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, Bay Area, and Las Vegas. You can join any of these offices.
Specifically, the Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.