Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. The companys Commerce Experience Management (CommerceXM) platform serves as the system of record for products, accelerates time to market for products, facilitates cross-team and cross-organization collaboration at scale, and provides the insights needed to continuously optimize product pages across channels. The result is shopper-centric, frictionless, and memorable commerce experiences. Great commerce experiences that are delivered efficiently improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the worlds largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarch use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
For more information, please visit: http://www.salsify.com.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Commercial Counsel to join Salsifys legal team to continue to grow our outstanding legal, security, and compliance program. As the Company enters into its next stage of hyper-growth, this person will provide end-to-end legal advice and support on a broad range of company initiatives, including commercial transactions, public company readiness, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. This person will report directly to our head of Legal.
This role requires a hands-on approach to cross-functional collaboration with internal teams to engage proactively the appropriate key stakeholders and will support the operation, sales, and marketing of our solutions and services. The ideal candidate will have experience with rapidly identifying and quantifying risks to the business and allocating time accordingly.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, such as SaaS agreements, professional services agreements, consulting agreements, and partner agreements
- Serve as Legal lead in cross-functional working groups crafting go-to-market strategy, including drafting contractual language for new products, features, and functionality; advising on packaging and pricing, and ensuring order forms are enabled in advance of launch
- Design and implement tools to enhance processes for scalability, such as developing and delivering training sessions and materials to empower various company stakeholders
- Play a key role in advising on and implementing controls, policies, and processes to scale the business with an eye toward public company status
- In M&A transactions, lead the legal due diligence process to gain in-depth knowledge of the targets business to enable the design and implementation of effective post-close integration workstreams
- Partner with InfoSec and engineering teams to implement data protection controls, and to support privacy standard practices for customer, employee, partner, and vendor personal information
You'll Enjoy This Role if You Have:
- 5+ years of meaningful relevant experience, including in-house experience (SaaS preferred), with a focus on driving to closure a broad range of commercial transactions and advising on related privacy and data security issues
- A J.D. from an accredited law school and active membership in at least one state bar
- At least some knowledge of global and domestic privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR and CCPA
- A desire to improve processes, rather than to shy away from such opportunities, to enable business growth at scale
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with a sense of humor and resiliency, especially under timelines, to manage multiple priorities effectively
What We Have for You:
US Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability as well as additional voluntary insurance elections
- FSA: Medical, Commuter, and Dependent Care
- HSA: Tax-advantaged Medical Savings Account
- 16 Week Paid Maternity & 10 Week Paid Parental Leave Program
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on the job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a persons achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsifys mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsifys growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and remote offices around the globe. If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Salsify is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diverse perspectives yield strong and happy teams. Our employees and customers win when we have a variety of opinions and experiences. If you have a disability, require a religious accommodation or if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable during our recruitment process, please let us know at [email protected].
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.